Extension of study permit / Visa

Post Secondary Education

Extension of study permit / Visa

If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, you must check the expiry date on your study permit, and make sure you apply before that date. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires. If you apply for a renewal of your study permit, and the permit expires before you receive an answer, you can continue to study in Canada under the same conditions until you receive a decision.

You should apply to renew your study permit if you intend to travel outside Canada and your permit will expire while you are travelling. You cannot extend your study permit beyond the expiry date on your passport. If your study permit has expired, and you have not applied for an extension, you must leave Canada.

Restoring your status

In some cases, you may apply to restore your status as a student within 90 days of losing it. You may only apply if you have continued to meet the requirements under which you were allowed to enter and stay in Canada and you have met all the conditions imposed on your permit.

After you apply to restore your status, you may stay in Canada until a decision is made on your application but you are not allowed to study until your status has been restored.

As per the Bill C-35 in particular, that it is illegal for anyone other than an accredited immigration representative to provide advice or otherwise represent a client during an application or proceeding with CIC. As per IRPA (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, Canada) our team members comply with all the regulations and protocols of Canadian Immigration system and the full member of Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council as well as Quebec immigration.

Note: All our services to students are free